Fotografía del Edificio Federal en el Viejo San Juan tomada en 1922 por Jerome O. Kilmartin del U.S. Geological Survey. Hoy es conocido como el Edificio Federal José V. Toledo. La foto es previa a la construcción del anejo del edificio. Observe frente al edificio parte de la desaparecida Plaza de los cañones. Según la página web del U.S. General Services Administration:

The Jose V. Toledo Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse is composed of two distinct but connected buildings. The first building of the complex was designed between 1906 and 1908 by the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Department of the Treasury, led by James Knox Taylor. Constructed between 1911 and 1914, it was the island’s first significant federal building. In 1936, an addition was proposed to accommodate New Deal programs created in response to the Great Depression. Congress authorized the expansion the same year, and plans were completed by the Department of the Treasury’s Public Buildings Branch under Supervising Architect Louis A. Simon in 1938. Construction of the addition was completed in 1940.

Edificio Federal, Viejo San Juan (1922)
Map loading, please wait ...

Localización del Edificio Federal en el Viejo San Juan

Visualización de 2019 del Edificio Federal y su entorno cortesía de Google Maps.

Hemos incorporada ésta documentación a nuestro Mapa interactivo de fotos históricas de Puerto Rico, el cual incluye una gran cantidad de fotos históricas geolocalizadas sobre un mapa de Puerto Rico.

Puede ver y descargar copia digital de esta foto en el portal del U.S. Geological Service.

Fuente: U.S. Geological Survey